(<45 min. from Portland, ME)
Peterson-BICS has been retained by a private equity group to find a Chief Financial Officer for their local portfolio company acquired last year. The company is both a manufacturer and distributor of consumable products used in the medical equipment and hi-tech equipment maintenance market segments. It operates two manufacturing facilities and has plans for another two acquisitions over the next 2 years.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, strategic, and growth-oriented CFO. He/she will report to the CEO and private equity sponsor to drive the business, be willing to take a leadership team role, provide financial acumen and help set strategic direction across the organization. Candidates must have strong experience serving as a hands-on CFO but will have a strong Controller and a small accounting staff in the Dept.
- Lead finance, accounting, budgeting and reporting, forecasting, business analysis functions, acquisition integration, HR and IT
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on operational decisions affecting the company and evaluate and advise on the impact of long-term planning
- Responsible for all financial planning and analysis activities including ownership of monthly financial statements, annual budgeting, periodic forecasting, KPI management, and operational analytics processes that inform the board about company performance in real time
- Manage the cost analysis function for the manufacturing activities to help drive cost reduction and process improvement.
- Drive P&L accountability including standard costs, product-level gross margins, segment P&Ls, and functional SG&A targets
- Provide a timely monthly close and provide regular flash reports internally and externally to key stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain all finance and accounting policies and procedures
- Manage the accounting systems, processes, and procedures to record, monitor, and report on the organization’s assets and liabilities in compliance with GAAP and all regulatory requirements
- Actively participate in mergers and acquisition integrations
- Develop, lead, and mentor a top performing finance and accounting team
- Align executive team around financial objectives and serve as a resource in achieving business goals
- Leads team(s) in identifying, quantifying and mitigating risk
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter, who is intelligent, detail-oriented, and brings excellent communication and presentation skills.
- 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing and/or distribution financial leadership position
- Minimum BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA/MBA preferred but not required
- Hands-on leadership with exceptional communication skills and the ability to listen, evaluate, contribute with excellent presentation preparation and delivery skills
- Extensive oversight of manufacturing cost, inventory management, and strong margin analysis experience
- Prior private equity portfolio experience preferred
- Prior acquisition integration experience preferred
- Prior successful track record of company growth
- Exceptionally strong analytical capabilities
Compensation is competitive and will reflect a candidate’s experience and qualifications and will include:
- Base + bonus commensurate with experience <$350/ with ability to add value
- This package also includes a significant Equity participation opportunity